BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shakti_Sourav
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Team, 

I am facing one challenge that I have to find out duplicate records based on Age variable. Age variable should be in one particular range.

Sample: 

If beneficiaries's age is 29 and he/she trying to apply further by the different age like 25 or 34. I just want to de duplicate the data in Data Management Studio by the Age +5 largest and -5 smallest. 

My Question is : How to Declare de duplication based on Age ?

2. Is it possible to take Age in Match codes ?if yes, then which definition and sensitivity  suitable ?

3. how to define Age like +5 and -5 ?

1 REPLY 1
audrey
SAS Employee

Hi,

There are no definition in the QKB to match and cluster records by age.

Also, I thought about your use case and I think it's not a good  solution. Let me explain what could happen:

-> customer A is 20 and matches customer B who is 25,

-> but customer C is 30, and therefore matches customer B,

-> and, customer D is 35 and therefore matches customer C.

In the end, A matches D, and you'll end up one big cluster with all of your records.

So I think age should not be used this way. Maybe there are other criteria in your data that would be better.

Hope this helps.

Audrey

www.sas.comsupport.sas.com
SAS®... THE POWER TO KNOW®

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation