BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sulthan
Calcite | Level 5

Dear All,

Recently we have installed SAS ACCESS LICENSE to MSSQL  in our production environtment , connection established sucessfull, and while importing table from DB we are receiving DATE datatype as character instead of NUMERIC.

Please suggest why its happening.

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

What's the type/format in MS SQL? Have you tried over riding it using DBSASTYPE option?

Sulthan
Calcite | Level 5

HI Reeza,

IN MSSQL the type format is DATE, We have faced the same for DATETIME2 formats imported as character but upon changing DATETIME2 to DATETIME we could import correctly to NUMERIC but for DATE we couldnt define anyother datatype apart from DATE

Sulthan
Calcite | Level 5

We havent used those steps , and aware not where to mention them whether while assigning the libname ? or how 

Sulthan
Calcite | Level 5

I have mentioned the DBSASTYPE while importing via DI ,but still i am seeing date as character

Capture.PNG

SASKiwi
PROC Star

We struck a similar problem with SQL Server and it was solved by changing to a more recent ODBC driver. Check to see if SAS/ACCESS to SQL Server is using ODBC behind the scenes, and if so which driver.

Sulthan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi User,

Thanks for the quick response on my query,

Yes we are using ODBC behind the scene we have our driver installed on the below path,

/usr/SAS/ODBC

I dont know how to check for the latest version on my ODBC

SASKiwi
PROC Star

We are using SQL ODBC driver Server Native Client 11.0. Prior to that we were using ODBC driver SQL Server 6.03. Maybe your Unix admin can help you here. We use Windows so I can't check where you would look for this on Unix.

However just try a Google search for the appropriate ODBC driver for your OS. I found this link which includes Linux:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt703139(v=sql.1).aspx

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation