BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
beamer108
Quartz | Level 8

I currently have a datajob that writes output to a .xls file. It contains one tab with all the data I need. The business now wants another tab added to the same worksheet that contains some of the columns from the first tab as well as some additional columns.  How do I add another tab to the same worksheet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
beamer108
Quartz | Level 8

This worked great when I ran it on the client machine but when I tried to run it on the server it does not work. I reached out to our admin team and because of our set up our df configuration on the server is not compatible with an excel driver.  Not sure if I captured that correctly but basically I was told due to how we are set up its not an option.  So to resolve the issue I worked with our SAS EG experts and we created the job using SAS code and our customer is receiving the output in the format they needed. Thanks for the advice and guidance.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
VincentRejany
SAS Employee

Tried with the following configuration and it worked

VincentRejany_0-1636130192001.png

beamer108
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you I will give this a try.

beamer108
Quartz | Level 8

This worked great when I ran it on the client machine but when I tried to run it on the server it does not work. I reached out to our admin team and because of our set up our df configuration on the server is not compatible with an excel driver.  Not sure if I captured that correctly but basically I was told due to how we are set up its not an option.  So to resolve the issue I worked with our SAS EG experts and we created the job using SAS code and our customer is receiving the output in the format they needed. Thanks for the advice and guidance.

RacheLGomez123
Fluorite | Level 6
Hold down SHIFT, and then select the same number of existing sheet tabs of the worksheets that you want to insert in the open workbook. For example, if you want to add three new worksheets, select three sheet tabs of existing worksheets. On the Home tab, in the Cells group, click Insert, and then click Insert Sheet.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez
beamer108
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you Rachael for responding. I actually was looking for within the Dataflux process how to create a worksheet that contains multiple tabs containing data on output.  I found that due to how our admins set up our dataflux the option isn't available on our server so I've found the solution using SAS programming.  Thanks again for responding, but at this time I am all set.  

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation