BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Abhijeet
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I have learned Base SAS and currently learning BI course from SAS authorized center (soon also learn macro & advanced sas). I have a confusion about learning Business analytics or data integration courses.

I am computer science graduate, I am working as MIS /Business analyst with a bank. Every day I do VBA coding as part of my job.

I find both business analytics and data integration curious on syllabus but I need to choose one. pls let me know how is job opportunities for both courses?

Thanks

Abhijeet

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Without knowing the nature of your local labor market, I think both tracks would fine.

So you might want to ask yourself if what do like the most? Digging into databases, data models, batch generation etc, or programing/designing reports, cubes, handling row level security etc.

Good luck,

Linus

Data never sleeps
Abhijeet
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Linus,

Thanks for your insights , that was helpful.

I like programming but I dont have any stats degree. so you mean I need to go for analytics cource ? what is the ration of data integration people versus analysis people in market.

thanks

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Sorry, my answer was more about data integration vs business intelligence.

In my opinion, to fully understand, explore and develop analytics applications, you need some kind of statistics degree.

And my experience is that these projects are fewer than data integration/BI projects, and often shorter.

So if you want a direction where there are more jobs, I would go for DI.

/Linus

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation