BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yotsuba88
Quartz | Level 8

"Only stocks which have a complete return history over the 36-month rolling regression window are included in our analysis"  cited in Residual Momentum of David Blitz et al 2011. 

I understand that only stocks that contain not enough 36 month data from its start date to the last date will be deleted. Is that right? I am really confused this, because when I create loop without enough 36 months, for ex. only 34,35, must I drop the stock?

Many thank

Ha

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

That sound correct. 

Only stocks with all data available is considered. 

yotsuba88
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you. But how about if one stock has data for more than 10 years (ex.) but some data in some months are missing in 36 month rolling window, should we delete the loop or stock? 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation