BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HeidiDT
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All

I am brand new to Data Remediation and need some help with getting started. Our design is as follows (steps 1-3 have already been developed, I need help with the following steps):

1. Data Quality assessment is run to identify any records that violate business rules

2. These records are written to a SQL table and surfaced in a view (v_AllRuleViolations)

3. SAS code is run to derive suggested remediation values for these rule violations, and the relevant data is written to a SQL table (Remediation)

4. Violation records, together with the suggested remediation value, are extracted from the Remediation table and sent to SAS Data Remediation

5. Workflow is instantiated:

• Data Steward accepts or rejects suggested remediation
    • Accept:
      • Remediation table updated (FinalRemediation=SuggestedRemediation and ProcessedDttm populated with current date and time)
      • SQL script is invoked to apply final remediation to source data
    • Reject:
      • (Optional) Data Steward enters alternative remediation: populates Remediation table (AlternativeRemediation)
      • Enters reason for rejection: populates Rejection table (Rejector = username, RejectionReason = reason entered, ValueRejected=SUGGESTED and RejectedDttm=current date and time)
      • Workflow advances to next task:
        • Alerts data owner
        • Data owner may accept or reject either the suggested or alternative remediation, suggest another remediation or reject all remediation suggestions
          • Accept suggested remediation
            • Populates Remediation table (FinalRemediation = SuggestedRemediation, ProcessedDttm = current date and time)
            • Invokes SQL script to apply Remediation.FinalRemediation to source data
          • Accept alternative remediation
            • Populates Remediation table (FinalRemediation = AlternativeRemediation, ProcessedDttm = current date and time)
            • Invokes SQL script to apply Remediation.FinalRemediation to source data
          • Enter alternative remediation
            • Populates Remediation table (FinalRemediation = newly supplied value)
            • Invokes SQL script to apply FinalRemediation to source data
          • Reject
            • Populates RemediationRejection table (Rejector = username, RejectionReason = reason entered, ValueRejected=ALL and RejectedDttm=current date and time)
            • Manual intervention will be required – process tbc

If anyone is able and willing to assist me, please could you let me know? Unfortunately there is currently no Data Remediation training available, and the documentation does not provide enough guidance w.r.t. the integration between the assessment and remediation.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I doubt you will find this level of help via the SAS Community as it is more geared to solving specific problems, not bringing people up to speed. I'd suggest you contact your SAS account manager to see if you can get some help from a subject matter expert at SAS. That's what I did and it worked very well. SAS may want to charge for the expert's time but that is no different to paying for a course.

HeidiDT
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks @SASKiwi, I have reached out to SAS Education as well 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation