BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HeidiDT
Quartz | Level 8

I am brand new to data remediation and am still busy with the design for our data remediation processes. I am currently configuring the landscape by creating the applications, subject areas and issue types. I want to create an issue type for each field in our data - which is a lot so I don't want to do it manually as I would want to replicate it in our DEV, TEST and PROD environments and I would also like to be able to dynamically add an issue type if a new field is added. Is there a way to programmatically add issue types from SQL tables? I have googled but haven't been able to find anything yet, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

@HeidiDT If you would please share the following, it will make it more likely that someone here can provide some advice:

1.  A few rows of the data set (table) that you already have.

2.  A copy of any SAS code you've already written to try to solve the problem.

3.  A few rows of the data set (table) as you want it to be after processing.  

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users
HeidiDT
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @SASJedi and thanks for the reply. I have not created any issue types as yet, since I wanted to first find out whether it was possible to create issue types from a SQL table. I have no clue where to even start with the SAS code, since I don't know where the metadata for Data Remediation resides. I.e. I wouldn't know where to write to! I would guess the REST API would have to be used, but without having had any experience or training in Data Remediation (there are no SAS courses available so I have only gone through the User's Guide), I really have no idea where to start. I am perfectly happy creating each issue type manually and am able to do that, however I would like to be able to create the issue types dynamically / from a SQL table.

I hope this provides a bit more background?

SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

@HeidiDT - I'm primarily a programmer and I think this sounds like a question for someone with more SAS Solutions experience. Are you working with the SAS® Data Remediation software? 

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users
HeidiDT
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @SASJedi , sorry I am only replying now, got pulled off to work on other priorities. Yes, I am working with  SAS® Data Remediation software

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation