BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
smicha
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am using Data Management Studio 2.7. I have created a process job where i get an email list and i pass it to the SAS Code Node via input and output variables. In the SAS Code Node i have a code to send a static email to every mail in the list.

The code is working fine if i insert in SAS Base, but when i try to run the process job i get the error showing the image below. Is there a specific configuration option in the dataflux that i am missing.

SAS Code Node LogSAS Code Node Log

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

DI Studio uses a workspace server or the Data Step Batch server for execution. These need to be configured for email.

The .cfg files in the SASHome are irrelevant for this, you need to set that in the SASApp/sasv9_usermods.cfg file in the configuration tree of the BI server.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
audrey
SAS Employee

Hi,

Can you show th epart of the code that is actually sending the email and configuring how to send it?

The error seems to indicate the value for your smtp domain is not retrieved.

Thanks,
Audrey

www.sas.comsupport.sas.com
SAS®... THE POWER TO KNOW®
smicha
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Audrey,

Thank you for your response. The code is in the image below (i have omitted the %let statements cause they are automatically created as i run  the SAS Code Node).

SAS CodeSAS Code

Using the exact same code in the SAS Base i send the email. You can check it in the image below. And i have confirmed it with the receiver.

Base SAS LogBase SAS Log

As for the configuration in the SASHome\SASFoundation\nls\u8\sasv9.cfg are in the image below.

SMTP options in sasv9.cfgSMTP options in sasv9.cfg

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

DI Studio uses a workspace server or the Data Step Batch server for execution. These need to be configured for email.

The .cfg files in the SASHome are irrelevant for this, you need to set that in the SASApp/sasv9_usermods.cfg file in the configuration tree of the BI server.

smicha
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you for the response. Your solution worked perfectly.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation