BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jwhite
Quartz | Level 8

Using Data Management Studio 2.5/Dataflux I have a SAS Data Connection that I need to delete some tables out of.

I can't find the option to delete the tables from the Data Connections folder in the Data riser in Dataflux, and when I go to the physical folder to delete the actual dataset I get a message that it is in use by Dataflux.

This table is not used in any job or profile, I only see it as an object in the SAS Data Connection folder.

Does a table being part of a Data Connection mean it's always locked by Dataflux? Do I have to delete the whole Data Connection to be able to delete the physical table?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jwhite
Quartz | Level 8

@LinusH, sorry for the delayed response. Was out for the holidays.

I've found the issue.

So, when a DM Studio session is running and a connection to a table has been made, the table will be locked. The DM Studio session needs to be closed, delete the table, then when restarting DM Studio the connections will not find that table.

Thanks!

-Jeff

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

What is the data format?

Since you are talking about delete if from the file system, I presume it's not a table in multi user database.

My guess would be that you somehow have a read lock from DM studio, what happens if you close DM Studio?

Not that I know DM Studio very much, but my impression is that it manages data from one place, and the result is usually stored in another location. So iwouldn't expect DBMS functionality in this tool. Deleting tables is probably beast done in the source system.

Data never sleeps
jwhite
Quartz | Level 8

@LinusH, sorry for the delayed response. Was out for the holidays.

I've found the issue.

So, when a DM Studio session is running and a connection to a table has been made, the table will be locked. The DM Studio session needs to be closed, delete the table, then when restarting DM Studio the connections will not find that table.

Thanks!

-Jeff

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation