BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
filip_vasilev
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to import .sas file and covert it into a DIS job.

Using DIS Data Integration Studio 4.21. The SAS file is an actual job exported into the SAS program when it was deployed so it should work nice.

So I use Import SAS Code from the File menu and pick my SAS program and everything looks like it's working fine. It completes without any error messages yet in the end the job is not created.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I don't know why things are not working for you, but: From my few trials with import of .sas files I've decided to not use it. Yes, it worked normally (with newer versions of DIS) but it doesn't really create a DI flow of how it should look like.

If this is only about one or two .sas files and given that you anyway won't get a "clean" DI job I would suggest that you don't spend too much time for chasing up what's going on but either:

- Re-create the .sas file logic by re-building the logic in DIS

- or "copy/paste" the .sas file code into a user written node and then register the input and output tables against this node (to support impact analysis)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I don't know why things are not working for you, but: From my few trials with import of .sas files I've decided to not use it. Yes, it worked normally (with newer versions of DIS) but it doesn't really create a DI flow of how it should look like.

If this is only about one or two .sas files and given that you anyway won't get a "clean" DI job I would suggest that you don't spend too much time for chasing up what's going on but either:

- Re-create the .sas file logic by re-building the logic in DIS

- or "copy/paste" the .sas file code into a user written node and then register the input and output tables against this node (to support impact analysis)

filip_vasilev
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Patrick, I got the same answer from a few very experienced developers in the meantime as well.

The functionality is poorly described, it should clearly state that it doesn't work for most of the real life situations. My code has lot's of macro's and I think that is what confuses the analyzer so it simply does not work - again without even a pop up message to provide a minimum of a user interaction.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I believe this DI import wizard creates more or less a node per run group. It's similar to what you get in SAS EG in a code Window with the collapsible sections (the +/- to the left).

When it comes to macro code then the whole macro will be put into a single node. This won't create a very intuitive job flow but it always worked for me as code as such hadn't been altered.

filip_vasilev
Calcite | Level 5

The macros I invoke are actually not written in the job itself. Instead, they are in a library which I specify with the SASAUTOS option at the beginning of every job. So when I ran the Import option nothing happens, after Convert/Import is completed no job is created and it doesn't give me a pop up message at all. It looks like everything went well yet the job is not created.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

4.21 is quite an old version. The code importer has improved since then (but is not by all means perfect now).

Perhaps you could give it a try once you have upgraded you DIS/SAS version.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation