BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kenjoswe
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

In DI-studio I have a job that is supposed to send data from a SAS table to Visual Analytics (LASR).

DI_Job.png

When I run the job I get 'Libref not assigned' but in properties it is assigned. 

DI_Studio_Library_Not_Assigned.jpg

What can be wrong?

Kent J.

4 REPLIES 4
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

The following is just a theory - but not hard to verify.

It could be that the library is pre-assigned but that there is a syntax error in it. I believe in such a case SAS would try to assign the library during SAS invocation but if the libname statement fails then you wouldn't see this in the SAS log nor get an error condition.

But now because the library is pre-assigned the SAS code generated by DIS won't include a libname statement - and though you get the error of an unassigned library.

What you could try: Change the library to not pre-assigned (uncheck the box). Then run your DIS job again. Is it working now? Or do you get now an error for the libname statement? - Make sure in the SAS log that you inspect the very first error thrown. 

kenjoswe
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I unchecked pre assign but it didn't help.

I didn't have this problem two weeks ago.

Could it be a issue with the Object Spawner?

Kent J.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@kenjoswe 

So now that you've got a libname in the code: What error message do you get?

That this used to work is important information. Poses the question: What changed in the environment?  ...but first share the error message please.

I don't know if an object spawner restart could help - but never hurts to try and do so if you can.

You could also try and execute your code in batch and see if the error persists.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Is it writing to LASR data pointer library or to LASR itself? Is the LASR server up and running?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation