BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
touwen_k
Pyrite | Level 9

good afternoon,

I have a question, there are two source tables with the same column. I would like to use append transformation in DI. The objective would be that append transformation looks in one table and then if there is no data, then it looks into second table and takes data from there and puts it all to one columns. I assume that when I map two columns from two tables into one, DI will crash. What is the simplest solution to achieve that data is loaded into one column from two different columns?

regards

Karolina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Generally, the Append transformation can (and should absolutley) be able to map columns from several sources into one.

But do I understand you correctly, that this is more of an either of from the source?

Please elaborate when you say "if there is no data" - do you mean in the table as a whole, or on a certain record?

Perhaps you need to attach some example source data and desired outcome to describe your need.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Generally, the Append transformation can (and should absolutley) be able to map columns from several sources into one.

But do I understand you correctly, that this is more of an either of from the source?

Please elaborate when you say "if there is no data" - do you mean in the table as a whole, or on a certain record?

Perhaps you need to attach some example source data and desired outcome to describe your need.

Data never sleeps

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation