BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
EinarRoed
Pyrite | Level 9

Working in DI Studio I have a Lookup transformation that receives input from two Extract work tables. The precode of the Lookup transformation refers directly to the first input work table by means of its physical name, WORK.W66T81JT.

1) Can this create a problem when importing the job to another environment? I seem to recall that physical names of work tables may change under such circumstances, but even if that's the case, perhaps the reference automatically changes to match it.

2) Since &syslast or &input_1 can't be used to refer to the first input of a Lookup transformation, is there a different way that enables me to avoid using the physical table name?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

1) Correct. Whenever possible, avoid refer to physical table names. Use DIS macro variables instead.

2) What is the nature of this pre-code? Maybe it can be solved in a different way? One way is to assign your own macro variable from syslast in the post-code in your extracts.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

1) Correct. Whenever possible, avoid refer to physical table names. Use DIS macro variables instead.

2) What is the nature of this pre-code? Maybe it can be solved in a different way? One way is to assign your own macro variable from syslast in the post-code in your extracts.

Data never sleeps
EinarRoed
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks, you're absolutely right, it could be handled in the postcode. Smiley Happy

Do you know if the Splitter transformation may be problematic? Can't see a way to prevent it from referencing physical table names.

Skjermbilde.PNG

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Since 4.2, I haven't use splitter. If you are in 9.2 or later, see if you can omit it.

But what is the scenario here about pre/post-code? The pre-code to splitter could use sylast.

The transformations that read each splitter output should as well be able to use syslast in their pre-code.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation