BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AngusLooney
SAS Employee

I recently presented a session at the SAS UK Forum - “DI Studio Worst Practice”

At the end of the session, I said I would post the slides in the Data Management Community (here), so here I am.

The slides are hosted in the Forum site, at this link

https://www.sas.com/en_gb/events/2018/sas-uk-forum/forum-resources.html

under the “Technical Tips” Breakout Sessions section. There’s even a recording of it, including the bit where I nearly fall off the podium.

EDIT: Now attached to this post as well.

The session was intended to illustrate examples of “bad practice” by way of negative examples, or anti-patterns, of DIS usage. Most of the examples are based on specific jobs seen in the wild, as well as general sloppiness and wrong-thinking.

Have a look, and comment away.

5 REPLIES 5
JethroDay
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Angus,

The presentation doesn't seem to be listed in the 'Breakout Session Presentations' section of the Forum resources, I can see the recorded session but not the presentation.  I've tried all three breakout session areas but to no avail!

Thanks,

Jethro

AngusLooney
SAS Employee
I'll upload it here, attached to the original post. Was hoping to avoid duplication, but nevermind.
JethroDay
Calcite | Level 5

Much obliged, thanks Angus!

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
That was fun.
Bet it was even funnier live!
Data never sleeps
AngusLooney
SAS Employee

You watched it. Came as a surprise to me that it was going to be recorded. Best bit was where I nearly fell off the podium!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation