BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CameronLawson
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi,
Does anyone know of any good resources for developing custom plugins for DI? I have a number of custom transforms which I would like to place into some custom plugins to make them more user friendly.

Cheers in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Cameron,

Which version of DI Studio are you using: 3.4 or 4.2.x? If you're using 4.2.x, the improvements to prompts may allow you to simply use the Generated Transformation wizard, which is generally adequate for most transformations. I've done some pretty complicated transformations in this fashion, including a substitute for SCD Processing, Hierarchy Validation and several others. One can't always create as elegant an interface as if you have a complete GUI language like Java Swing, but it gets the job done quickly with no coding.

If you think you need to create a full Java Swing-based transformation, that's another story, so please let me know. If you simply need more information on how to create Generated Transformations with the provided prompt interface, I can help there too.

Thanks,

Tim Stearn
CameronLawson
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi,
We have just installed the 9.2 environment so I will have a look at the new custom transformations. Thanks for the reply.
RMP
SAS Employee RMP
SAS Employee
Tim,

where would be a good starting point for developing custom transformation in Java?

regards

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation