BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bipasha
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello.

I am recently working with SAS DI studio. In it, I am loading data from oracle library to SAS library as SAS dataset. While I am reading data of oracle lib by registering table in DI I am facing a logical error with the Date formatted data.

In Oracle library, if I have a date as 1-jan-00 (which actually means 1-jan-2000) DI reads it as 1-jan-1800. I did not use any extract yet. Just registered the table and open it using DI.

Please suggest me a way to solve this issue.

1 REPLY 1
thomp7050
Pyrite | Level 9

Low tech: Export to a text delimited file, and attempt to import the data into SAS manually.  If it will not convert your dates automatically then re-create the dates in SAS' format.  Use the information from the import script created by SAS (displayed in the log) to modify your automated procedures.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation