BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Roc
Fluorite | Level 6 Roc
Fluorite | Level 6

1. If you have not used this transformation in DI studio you will not know the answer.

2. The question? Does Data Validation generate an error table or does one(error table) have to be created first. Under options it asks for libname.Tablename to send errors but it does not say if it will create a table or you must create a table.

Also we need a community for DI STudio.

3 REPLIES 3
Roc
Fluorite | Level 6 Roc
Fluorite | Level 6

Wow I just realized the version this company is using is from 2009 4.2. So I really don't expect anyone to be able to answer.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@Roc

Based on newer DIS versions but from memory it's the same for DIS4.2:

You can under one of the tabs choose if an Error and/or Exception table should get created. You then have a list of standard columns but you can modify this selection.

I believe the default location for the Error and Exception tables are WORK and you then might also want to register the tables and point them to a permanent location.

So yes, SAS/DIS does it for you but you must tell DIS how it should be doing it.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I'm pretty sure that the error table will be created for you, if possible (libref assigned, user has the necessary rights). The code generated will give you the final answer.

This is the forum for DI Studio (and other products within the data management scope ).
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation