BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Roc
Fluorite | Level 6 Roc
Fluorite | Level 6

In my companies brillant wisdom we do not have a dev. enviroment. Everytime we have to do a change to a DI job we have to recreate everything over in the job including the tables and load the data to make a test job. Is the anyway to replicate a table along with the physical source using a tool or command? If not I have to basically recreate 200 tables and reload them or quit.

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I sense some irony in your initial statement...
And you frustration is justified in IMO.
So this about both physical and meta data?
I strongly recommend that you urge your company to create development environment. Even if it isn't ideal, it could be on the same server which would mean no extra licensing cost.
By separating the environments you will save time (which means mony), reducing complexity and risk of human errors in the production environment.

That said, you could develop scripts/programs to duplicate and potentially rename data. I think for the metadata part there are possibilities to do some tweaking when using the batch export/import metadata tool.
Data never sleeps
Roc
Fluorite | Level 6 Roc
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks for your response. I have a programmer looking into it. It probably
took 3 years to create every job in this business unit and we have a week
to duplicate them all. Crazy.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation