BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kevind21
Calcite | Level 5

In DM Studio there is a description of the Standardization node that says "Makes similar items the same. Examples of standardization are corrected misspellings (Mary instead of Mmary)..." I've tried using this Mmary example, along with other misspellings, to get the corrected name. However, no definition or scheme in the QKB that I've seen corrects these misspellings.  What am I doing wrong? I'm using the CI 24 QKB.

4 REPLIES 4
RonAgresta
SAS Employee

Hi,

I believe the documentation is just showing an example to help describe the concept of standardization, rather than giving a specific instance of a standardized value provided by a standardization definition from the Quality Knowledge Base. It is possible to build in these kinds of transformations of course using the Customize component and its associated editors in Data Management Studio. You can also use Customize to see how data is transformed step by step for each data quality algorithm. This would let you see where you could add a standardization scheme to existing standardization definitions to correct common name misspellings (though standardizing people's names can be tricky especially when diminutive names and nicknames are involved).

Ron

kevind21
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Ron. I was using the Customize component to see how the data was being transformed, and I saw where one of the nodes transformed a misspelled name properly ( perhaps this was the Vocabulary Editor), but wasn't sure how to incorporate this into a job where it could be used to standardize names. Guess I have some more reading to do. Thanks again.

DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee

Also, the default repository (DataFlux Sample) has a number of data jobs that use a QKB to perform data quality operations. See this topic for an intro to data jobs:

Overview of Data Jobs

See this topic for a description of the data quality nodes: Data Job Nodes

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation