BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I want to update the existing DI studio job for one requirement. Instead of updating the original job in Test environment I want to take a back of that job. I believe there are two methods to achieve this task. One is like export the job as a SAS package and import it when it is required. Another one right clicking the job and then choosing a 'Copy to Folder' option where we want to take a copy. 

When I do this I'm not finding the job in the folder where I copied. appreciate if someone help me understand why I'm seeing the job in the folder where I copied. Also please let me know if there is any other way to take a back up of DI Studio job.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Are you perhaps using change management aka project repository in DIS? Then look in your checkouts because that's where any new objects are created.

This is a useful way of making a backup. If you want to take care of dependent objects as well you may try to "Paste Special" your job in another folder. Copy/paste is documented here. Note the subtle use of "almost" in "Paste enables you to create a copy that is almost identical to the original that you copied...".

Hope this helps,

-- Jan.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Are you perhaps using change management aka project repository in DIS? Then look in your checkouts because that's where any new objects are created.

This is a useful way of making a backup. If you want to take care of dependent objects as well you may try to "Paste Special" your job in another folder. Copy/paste is documented here. Note the subtle use of "almost" in "Paste enables you to create a copy that is almost identical to the original that you copied...".

Hope this helps,

-- Jan.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation