BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pawan
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear Experts,

As I was trying to workout a Prallel processing step using a Loop job in DI Studio, I'm encountering with below error messages

ERROR: A communication subsystem message transmission request faillure has occured.

ERROR: Communication Subsystem Protocol Error: Send attempted in receive state.

It looks like the Remote Singons are working properly but seeing this message during the Remote Signoff state. As I found some solution worked for someone on this forum where the suggestion was to make changes to logconfig.xml for the section Per.ARM and I see that the values are set as mentioned in the solution(level value = "WARN"). But I'm still seeing this issue. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Pavan

2 REPLIES 2
SAS_Cares
SAS Employee

Pavan, see if this problem note may help: 

Problem Note 60708: Enabling ARM logging causes "ERROR: Communication Subsystem Protocol Error: Send attempted in receive state" to occur in your log

http://support.sas.com/kb/60/708.html

pawan
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear SAS_cares,

Yes, that is the post I was referring to in my message. If you relook into my message you can find me mentioning that the xml config file is exactly coded in the same way as suggested in that solution but I'm still seeing the same error. The job actually works fine if I'm not pointing it for parallel run. Look forward for further suggestions. Thanks!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation