BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jwhite
Quartz | Level 8

DI Studio 4.9

I do not have Base SAS on my machine, but I do have DI Studio and Enterprise Guide.

DI Studio currently outputs work data to a file on 'C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Temp\SAS Temporary Files', but I would like to change that to a different drive on the same machine.

I'm not having any luck figuring this out as the documentation I've read refers to a SASFoundation path I don't have.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@jwhite

The location for WORK is set during SAS invocation and you can't change it anymore once SAS has started.

The WORK definition is on server level and applies to everyone connecting to this server. The definition is set in a SAS config file .cfg or via an environment variable. Only an Admin should be able to change .cfg file definitions.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/hostwin/69955/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1qr5dmzagn9krn1lt...

The path you've posted is to my knowledge installation default. Often this default gets changed as part of install & config and the path gets pointed to the fastest disk(s) available but normally not to "C:\" where you've got your binaries installed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation