BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SYN
Obsidian | Level 7 SYN
Obsidian | Level 7

I am loading CSV external file into DI 3.4.

I am using delimiters Comma and TAB for my CSV file.

Here I am uploading file correct only one problem i am getting.

Last column I am getting the value  "" in all rows for that column.

Can you please help me to resolve this problem.

Thank you.

Sreenivasa
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

And the problem is what exactly?

One issue that might be related is the difference in end-of-line characters between Windows and Unix files. On Windows end of line is normally CR and LF characters. On Unix it is just the LF character. So when Windows text files are moved as binary files to Unix the CR ends up being the last character of the line.  I have seen a number of people consistently add an extra delimiter to the end of their CSV files so the extra CR ends up in its own column rather than messing up the real data in the last column.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

And the problem is what exactly?

One issue that might be related is the difference in end-of-line characters between Windows and Unix files. On Windows end of line is normally CR and LF characters. On Unix it is just the LF character. So when Windows text files are moved as binary files to Unix the CR ends up being the last character of the line.  I have seen a number of people consistently add an extra delimiter to the end of their CSV files so the extra CR ends up in its own column rather than messing up the real data in the last column.

SYN
Obsidian | Level 7 SYN
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you very much for your help.

Sreenivasa

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation