BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jblack38
Obsidian | Level 7

As I started using BDN more I decided I need to break a term type into multiple term types.  I had a term type of Data: Data Source.  But now I would like to use SAS Table and Banner Table term types.  I created the new term types.  But I don't see any way to change the term type for a term.

Thanks for your help!

Jerry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VincentRejany
SAS Employee
Hi Jerry

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change a term's type through the UI. One option, would be to export the term, update the XML and reimport it. Mind that you will have 2 terms but not with the same type.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jblack38
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi JosvanderVelden,
Thanks for your reply. But I’ve found nothing in the documentation that describes how to change a term’s type after you create the term. I haven’t found an option to do this in any of the menus.
Thanks!
Jerry
VincentRejany
SAS Employee
Hi Jerry

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change a term's type through the UI. One option, would be to export the term, update the XML and reimport it. Mind that you will have 2 terms but not with the same type.
jblack38
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you Vincent!

That is what I suspected was the case.  Thanks for replying.

Jerry

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation