BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SA19
Calcite | Level 5

Hello all,

Thank you for your interest to help me. I am interested in downloading the Area Health Resource file. I have SAS university edition software and I have run the sas code that is included within the dataset to extract the .asc data. However in the OUTPUT, I can only see the columns but not the rows. 

This is the website that I am trying to extract the data from: 

https://datawarehouse.hrsa.gov/data/datadownload.aspx#MainContent_ctl00_gvDD_lbl_dd_topic_ttl_0

I am not sure what to do next. 

Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

@SA19 wrote:

Hello all,

Thank you for your interest to help me. I am interested in downloading the Area Health Resource file. I have SAS university edition software and I have run the sas code that is included within the dataset to extract the .asc data. However in the OUTPUT, I can only see the columns but not the rows. 

This is the website that I am trying to extract the data from: 

https://datawarehouse.hrsa.gov/data/datadownload.aspx#MainContent_ctl00_gvDD_lbl_dd_topic_ttl_0

I am not sure what to do next. 

Thank you! 

Show the code and any messages from the LOG. Copy the text from the log and paste into a code box opened using the forum's {I} menu icon to preserve formatting of any messages.

SA19
Calcite | Level 5

I am not able to share the code as the data user agreement does not permit me to do so. However, anybody is able to access the data from the website on the condition of not sharing it. The code is available here: SAS format

Thank you so much!

Reeza
Super User

I downloaded the file and ran the code with no issues. I don't think the log would be under restriction or the code, just the data. The agreement explicitly lists the data only. 

Anyways, there were no issues with the log or the data and since it's a fixed file format it should be fine even in SAS UE. 

The only modification I made was to the INFILE statement, I'm assuming you made the correct modification to that line as well?

@SA19 wrote:

I am not able to share the code as the data user agreement does not permit me to do so. However, anybody is able to access the data from the website on the condition of not sharing it. The code is available here: SAS format

Thank you so much!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation