BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ProcWes
Quartz | Level 8

My company is switching from Teradata to Google BigQuery.  In testing, I'm seeing fairly large performance decreases, that is it takes longer to get data now than before.  I have tried regular Proc SQL which is unusably slow with large data and Pass Through which is only a little slower, but requires the code to be reworked, and the data formats break.

Just wondering if anyone has experience converting to GBQ and if there are system options (SAS EG) that can be set to make things easier/faster/better.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you post the complete SAS logs of both your regular and pass-thru queries so we can get a better idea of what's happening.

Cyril_R
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,
Did you find a way to improve SAS reading data from BigQuery.
I tried to change readbuff and used bulkunload set to yes but i'm getting this error : ERROR: CLI open cursor error.
So, to read a table wich have 40k lines it's take 5 minutes. I think there is a way to change this.
does anyone have an idea ?

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation