BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wsquare
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I've been diligently been creating data table sets through DI studio jobs and have a default working library access easily through DI My Folders.

If I access under SASMC, the library is being registered under Foundation repository and named library location is defined as \Shared Folder.

However, if i access through Base SAS or Enterprise Guide, the library is not appearing nor accessible. In BASE explorer view, my required library does not appear except the usual SASUSER, WORK libraries. Any help here? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

The libraries defined in dis and smc are metadata objects.  Meradata objects are not visible in the usual dms sas explorer. There is a metadata explorer application in dms you use to browse your metadata.

You can refer to your libraries using the meta engine.

Data never sleeps
wsquare
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Linus,

Have been investigating on this for the couple of days, and reading all the SAS security and data administration guides on metaservers and libraries.

I am running on SAS system administrator user account for sandbox testing, but nothing seems to help when comes to security authorization, reviewing folder rights, assignment of library, synchronizing metalibraries with physical tables etc..

However, i did one thing today and it seems to be running in proper now - preassigning every valid library i am using. Now all those libraries i've created in DI are visible and accessible in EG as well.

I hope i wont run into any further issues on other BI platform apps on this.

Thanks for the reply though.

wsquare
Calcite | Level 5

on a separate note, i am wondering for such changes to take effect, what are the specific services i would need to manually restart ? I tried restarting object spawner but it didnt seems to work until i did a server restart though.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Assuming you're using the same user for EG than for DIS the only thing you need to do is make sure you're connecting to the same metadata server. If you change or add a metadata library definition via DIS or SMC then this change should take effect in EG by re-connecting to the server under which this library is assigned (eg. SASApp).

It's another story with PC SAS as this is a Windowing system which runs on top of a SAS Server. In order to use Metadata definitions you need to connect to a Metadata server. Look up system option "metaautoresources" and related options as documented under SAS(R) 9.2 Language Interfaces to Metadata

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation