BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dfs888
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Does anyone know how to create a sas dataset from an ARM log?

I don't think running the %armproc and %armjoin macros alone will do it.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

What version are you on?

I think from 9.3, this will wok almsot "out of the box", at least with some standard logging.

I couldn't fins any documentation of the data model, but I think it would be quite easy to figure it out by examine log files.

Data never sleeps
dfs888
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Shiva and Linus. I am using SAS92.

It looks like I'll need to get more detailed information from the arm logs than what the default provides. Using the macros ARMPROC and ARMJOIN did consolidate the log entries, but it's very basic information.

RMP
SAS Employee RMP
SAS Employee

Just curious dfs, what kind of information are you looking for?

dfs888
Calcite | Level 5

I was looking for details on what users are 'doing' in the olap cubes. that is, what cubes are they accessing, what they are querying, how long it takes, etc.

shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi ,

Are you looking for some thing like SAS OLAP SERVER monitor(which is in SAS MC).It provide details like

Session Name

is generated when the session is established.

Session Owner

identifies the user that started the session. If the server is not secured, the displayed value is <unknown>.

Seconds Inactive

displays the time in seconds since the conclusion of the last query.

Size

displays the combined size, in bytes, of the result sets that are open in the session.

Result Sets Open
Thanks,
Shiva
dfs888
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, the monitor information seems helpful, but i would need a report generated from the sessions. Also, i don't know if i have the proper permissions on the Console.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation