BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
janezou
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

In the new CI, the non-distributed Visual Analytics is the reporting tool.  I personally like VA very much, but have questions when used with CI.

1) In CI, there is the new "Report" button in the workspace. And in VA, the "Engage Customer" button will bring us to CI.

The question is: can we use VA to build custom report ourselves?  The 4 templates come with CI may not be enough for what we want. If the question is too broad, please direct me to the right direction, so I can study first.

2) If VA can be used to develop reports for CI campaigns, what do we need to do to load CDM data to VA's auto loader? Ideally, I would like to query CDM and subject tables in VA anytime with latest data.  If we have to ship the data from CDM to VA's memory, should we join only needed CDM data and ship it over to VA?  Should we develop custom code on own or we should utilize some the the extraction code from CI? 

Much apprecited!

Jane

8 REPLIES 8
janezou
Obsidian | Level 7
I see some explanations in maag.pdf about loading data from CMD to VA staging tables, this topic can be in a lower priority for now. I will come back after reading and exercising.

Thanks,
shill
SAS Employee

In response to your first question (adding your own reports), yes, you can do that by creating a report in the VA Report Designer and adding an attribute to the object in SAS Management Console.

To do this, navigate to where you saved the object in the "Folders" tab of SMC, right-click and bring up the properties window, navigate to the "Extended Attributes" tab, then add a new one with the value "ci.report". If you want your report to be applicable only to a specific business context, there's also an attributed called "ci.bc.name" that you can add to limit it to the specified business context.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

janezou
Obsidian | Level 7

If we can create the report in VA and put back to MA as a template for users to review, as you mentioned, that would be a great feature to have.

Here is what I did:

1) Created a report in VA in "Data Exploration", saved the report (campaign_Report, as type of "Visual Exploration") in a folder.

2) Opened SMC, saw the campaign_Report in the right folder

3) However, when I right click the report, only saw "General" and "Authorization" in "Property". Cannot see "Extended Attributes".

Are there settings to be changed in order to see "Extended Attributes"?

Thanks, Shill!

janezou
Obsidian | Level 7

Another point besides the ability to add the "Extended Atrributes".

I would like to load custom data to VA staging, for example: only load (current campaign) or (past similar campaign + current campaign) or linking to subjects for QC comparison purpose. Will I be able to modify the script and run as needed?  I see a few macros and some packages in the Guides.  If you can point me to the code location, I can study myself first.

shill
SAS Employee

Generally speaking, if you want to load custom data, you'll need to write your own ETL process to create the LASR staging data. The out-of-the-box macros are available to drive the out-of-the-box reports, and there are some macros outlined in the Guide as you mentioned that you might be able to leverage; you can find the code ("ci2lasr.sas") under sashome/SASFoundation/9.4/sasautos (unix) or sashome\SASFoundation\9.4\ma\sasmacro (Windows) for reference - though please don't modify that one, as any changes could be overwritten by hotfixes, upgrades, or maintenance release,

janezou
Obsidian | Level 7
Understood. Thanks!
shill
SAS Employee

@janezou wrote:

If we can create the report in VA and put back to MA as a template for users to review, as you mentioned, that would be a great feature to have.

Here is what I did:

1) Created a report in VA in "Data Exploration", saved the report (campaign_Report, as type of "Visual Exploration") in a folder.

2) Opened SMC, saw the campaign_Report in the right folder

3) However, when I right click the report, only saw "General" and "Authorization" in "Property". Cannot see "Extended Attributes".

Are there settings to be changed in order to see "Extended Attributes"?

Thanks, Shill!

I'm not sure why you woudln't be seeing that. I suggest you open a track with Technical Support (support@sas.com). Sorry!

janezou
Obsidian | Level 7

Knowing it is possible is nice.

Thanks, Shill!

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation