BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
richardmgb
Fluorite | Level 6

I should start with the fact that I am an admistrator. So, I can't really contact anyone else. 

So, I am building a web process to a data provider. I've built the connection resource but when I go to Customer intelligence studio to build the web process using that connection resource, I get the error in the subject of this question. 

I need help with identifying the problem if anyone has experienced this before. I should say that I've done all this before multiple times but the difference this time is that the connection resource has a username and password. So, I am not sure if that's the problem.

Or if anyone know where the detailed logs for this error could be, that would very be helpful.

Thank you so much!

1 REPLY 1
Rahmath
Calcite | Level 5

The error is related to the RTDM engine ,the connectivity between Web App server and the backend Data Base ( Teradata in this case).

As an investigation you can start looking at the 

1) the logs for SAS server 1,6 ad 7.

those logs located under /Lev1/Web/WebAppServer/SASServerX_1/logs and it is called server.log and SASDecisionServicesEngine6.4.logs (6.X -Version can be different)

2) 

"The RDM design server was not able to fulfill the request". - This is the error we get usually (The Screen shot also attached for the reference)

The root cause in our case was due to  failure at

com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.read() line number 663 in TDNetworkIOIF.java. The database reported "Incomplete LAN message header: read 0 bytes". (Please contact the provider of the database in order to investigate the problem.)

Resolution: Restart the Mid tier (Web Application Server) you can see all the events & RTDM Services in the CI Studio.

The the attached server.log shows the failure in com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.read(TDNetworkIOIF.java:663) :

2017-02-12.14:23:33.086 TERAJDBC4 ERROR [activityExecutionThreadPoolFactory-pool-1-thread-8050] com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession@1a2ba58e Packet receive Sun Feb 12 14:23:33 AST 2017 socket orig=172.XX.XX.XX local=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:36299 remote=/XXX.XX.37.74:1025 keepalive=unavailable nodelay=unavailable receive=unavailable send=unavailable linger=unavailable traffic=unavailable concurrent=3 contimeout=10000 conwait=1000 connecttime=9 connecttotaltime=14 connectattempts=1 connectfailures=0 failurecache={} cid=27821b0e sess=35331905

java.io.IOException: Incomplete LAN message header: read 0 bytes  

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.read(TDNetworkIOIF.java:663)  

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDPacketStream.readStream(TDPacketStream.java:825)  

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementReceiveState.action(StatementReceiveState.java:140)  

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementController.runBody(StatementController.java:112)  

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.statemachine.PreparedStatementController.run(PreparedStatementController.java:47)  

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.Statement.executeStatement(Statement.java:342)  at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.Statement.executeStatement(Statement.java:284)  

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:113)  

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalPreparedStatement.executeQuery(TeraLocalPreparedStatement.java:103)  

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:96)  

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:96)  

at com.sas.rtdm.implementation.TableCacheJDBCLoader.select(TableCacheJDBCLoader.java:84)  

at com.sas.rtdm.implementation.TableAccessManager.select(TableAccessManager.java:138)  

at com.sas.rtdm.implementation.activity.generalio.GeneralIOExec$Methods.select(GeneralIOExec.java:161)  

at com.sas.rtdm.implementation.activity.generalio.GeneralIOExec$Methods.access$100(GeneralIOExec.java:39)  

at com.sas.rtdm.implementation.activity.generalio.GeneralIOExec$Methods$1._execute(GeneralIOExec.java:42)  

at com.sas.rtdm.implementation.activity.generalio.GeneralIOExec$Methods.execute(GeneralIOExec.java:122)  

at com.sas.rtdm.implementation.activity.generalio.GeneralIOExec.execute(GeneralIOExec.java:599)  

at com.sas.rtdm.implementation.EventExecutor.execute(EventExecutor.java:243)  

at com.sas.rtdm.implementation.engine.ActivityNode._execute(ActivityNode.java:58)  

at com.sas.rtdm.implementation.engine.ActivityNode._execute(ActivityNode.java:18)  

at com.sas.rtdm.implementation.engine.SchedulableNode$1.call(SchedulableNode.java:89)  

at com.sas.rtdm.implementation.engine.SchedulableNode$1.call(SchedulableNode.java:82)  

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)  

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)  

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)  

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)  

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation