BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
netoks
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

maybe someone already had same case. I need to split target groups by different percent with every execution (values in yellow):

split.png

The problem is, that I cannot use data item for this, as values can be dependent on previous executions and current execution (size of target group), so I cannot calculate data item before executing campaign, as I don’t know what current targetgroup will be. I was thinking about providing macro variables in “Requested %” fields and calculate those variables in process node, but split node accepts only numbers. Does anyone have any other idea, how I can inject those values into split node on campaign execution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

This is a very typical situation... Unfortunately, out-of-the-box Split node can't do that, and the way to go is to develop your own Process Node / Diagram Tool stored process that does what you need.  Carefully review SAS MA User Guide for details about how a Stored Process must be defined in Metadata so it produced two named cells "TG" and "CG" when placed on a diagram.

Best regards, Dmitriy. 

-------
Dmitriy Alergant, Tier One Analytics

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

This is a very typical situation... Unfortunately, out-of-the-box Split node can't do that, and the way to go is to develop your own Process Node / Diagram Tool stored process that does what you need.  Carefully review SAS MA User Guide for details about how a Stored Process must be defined in Metadata so it produced two named cells "TG" and "CG" when placed on a diagram.

Best regards, Dmitriy. 

-------
netoks
Calcite | Level 5

That worked, thanks. One more question before closing this topic. Is there a way to rename output cell name? I know that it is generated by default and it is possible change it in process node:

image.png

But I want different names by default, e.g. "Target group" and "Control group".

Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

Yes, it's possible.  There are some keywords to be added to the Stored Process definition in metadata that does exactly that - set up a number and default names for output cells. I don't recall exact keywords - it is documented in SAS MA User Guide, in a section where it describes how to create stored processes for process nodes.

-------
netoks
Calcite | Level 5

MA User guide does not mention anything about changing output cell naming:

image.png

Only these keywords are provided:

• InSubjectID
  • OutSubjectID
  • MaxCells
  • MinCells
  • NumberOfCells

Can it be so, that there is no such possibility in MA 6.5 anymore?

JamesAnderson
SAS Employee
HI,
Its not possible to set the cell names, they are controlled by the UI. I believe the reason for this is that Cell name (and node name) need to be unique within a diagram, so if you have 2 of these nodes in the diagram, it needs to handle the names and generate them automatically (First Node: Output(1), Output(2); Second Node: Output(3), Output(4)) so that they are unique in the diagram.
Rgds
James
netoks
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for clarification!

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation