BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GoExplore
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there a way to split "&outtable" from Process node into multiple nodes?  Similar to Split node.

similar to the screenshot below

split_process_node_output.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
pcapazzi
Pyrite | Level 9

Yes, but you can only do it using a Stored Process (option "Process" selected) that you create. But you cannot create multiple outputs with embedded code in the node (option "Code" selected) unfortunately. 

SteveMarshall
SAS Employee

From the MA User Guide:

"The default number of output cells that is generated is set by the NumberofCells keyword in the stored process. The MinCells and MaxCells keywords specify the minimum and maximum number of cells. The NumberofCells keyword does not have to be specified. If the MaxCells value is specified, and MinCells and NumberofCells values are not specified, the minimum number of rows is 1. If only the MinCells value is specified, the maximum number of rows is unlimited. "

several macro variables provided to your Stored Process are useful for understanding the input and output MATables:

OUTTABLE0 and INTABLE0 have the number of OutTable and Intable MATablenames available via OUTTABLEN (where n=1-&OUTTABLE0)

Gwen777
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Steve,
Does that mean, that I have to assign the name of my generated table to outtable1 etc.? And if yes, can I still work with work (eg outtable1= ‘work.table1‘)?
Maybe you can give a really short example of a stored process which generates multiple cells in ci?

Thank you in advance!
Anja
SteveMarshall
SAS Employee

Anja,

the &outtable1-n macro variables are populated with fully qualified table names (like MATABLES.Tabcdefstmars) by MA and passed into the stored process.  You need to  create/populate each of these &outtable s with appropriate subjectIDs (based on your code).  You need to create every outtable (number of outtables is in &outtable0) even the outtable has 0 subject_IDs that qualify.  I will try to add a sample process in the next week.  

ChrisLemberg
Fluorite | Level 6

although this post is really old. 

But what is the solution?

I'm having a similar problem. I am not able to figure that one out

Greetings

Christopher

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation