BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pcapazzi
Pyrite | Level 9

I'd like to create a script to generate a diagram for testing. I think the only way that I can do this is by using a mouse & keyboard recorder and playback the sequence. For example, I want to add a select node, a cell, and communication node. I want to configure the select node to choose a standard selection (zip code and its value), select a communication definition and export definition and a test table name. I want to configure the packages and then execute the campaign. 

The reason I want to do this is to ensure that changes in the export definition or other definitions or even custom nodes produce the expected output. The thing with CIS is that once you create a test diagram these components are embedded and do not get updated when the definitions have changed (i.e. you have to remove and re-add a definition). I'd like to set up a series of test diagram that can be constructed automatically and then executed. The resulting table, contact history, and documents can be compared to a baseline run. 

Does anyone know of any other methods to achieve this? Is what I'm proposing sound or is it prone to errors as well? 

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
shill
SAS Employee

I don't think there's any other way, unfortunately. My first thought was to use the integration utilities to export an example XML representation of the campaign, but the XML doesn't reference a definition, but rather stores the "tear-off" copy of the definition that was used to create the campaign in the first place, so you couldn't just point it at a new definition to test.

(For tasks like this, I'm a big fan of AutoIt - it's not a recorder, it's more of a scripting language with control over mouse and keyboard actions, so it takes a bit of work to get your script setup, but since it uses code, you can be very precise with delays, movement distances, and text input, for example.)

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

pcapazzi
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you! I will look into it.
How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation