BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
aloou
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello everyone,

i am trying to Schedule two camapaigns.

The issue : i want that the second Campaign starts just after the first one finishes.

Campaign A starts, once it finishes the second Campaign B starts automatically.

Knowing that the output of the first Campaign is mandatory for the second Campaign to work.

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

You can't schedule it this way directly from SAS CI Studio. When scheduling in SAS CI, you need to choose an option "Send to Administrator" (rather than Send to Scheduling Software) that creates a Scheduled Job in SAS Management Console but does actually schedule it yet.

Then in SAS Management Console (Schedule Manager), you need to create a flow including these two campaigns with the dependency between each other (by successful execution), and schedule a resulting flow for execution from there.

Hope this helps. Let us know if this level of details is not enough and you have troubles following any of these steps. Good luck!

-------
Dmitriy Alergant, Tier One Analytics
aloou
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Mr Dmitriy Alergant

i know how to Schedule through SAS Management console, however the problem is that the output of the first Campaign shall be taken by the second one to continue the flow.

by creating a deployed job in the middle i Believe that this may solve the problem, however i am not that qualified to code or write a whole code and insert it in a deployed job.

Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

There is no code involved, it's all point-and-click. You go to the Management Console, right-click on Schedule Manager, click "New Flow".  Add both campaigns deployed jobs the (they need to be already available in SAS MC by that time), select scheduling server (Platform Process Manager).   The right click on a created flow, "Edit Flow", and draw a dependency between both campaign jobs... Something like that.   Hope that helps.

-------
Dmitriy Alergant, Tier One Analytics
How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation