BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shrriam
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ,

I am looking forward to make an integration between HBASE and SAS RTDM. 

The details i know about HBASE are that , it is a NoSql database. So that leads me to the expectation that the integration is not so feasible as it sounds to be. In that case is it only possible using PROC GROOVY? 

Please drop in your comments. Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
It seems that you can use SAS/ACCESS to Impala to reach HBase. For implicit pass through I guess that only relational objects are supported. Perhaps more options are available using explicit pass through.
Perhaps you can elaborate on how and why you wish to integrate with HBase.
Data never sleeps
JamesAnderson
SAS Employee
Hi,
The system requirements for RTDM state:
SAS Real-Time Decision Manager 6.5 can connect to various databases using SAS/ACCESS. The following list indicates database versions with which SAS Real-Time Decision Manager 6.5 is compatible:
* Greenplum: DataDirect branded driver 7.1.2, Greenplum bulk loader 4.2
* IBM DB2/UDB versions 10.1, 10.5, and 11.1
* IBM Netezza versions 6.0, 6.1, and 7.0
* Microsoft SQL Server versions 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2017 Enterprise Edition
* Microsoft SQL Server versions 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2017 Standard Edition (no more than 10 million customer records)
* Oracle versions 11g, 11.2, 12.1, and 12.2
* PostgreSQL versions 9.2 and 9.3
* Teradata versions 12.0, 13.0, 13.10, 14.0, 14.1, 15.0, and 16.xx.
This list above means that the features of RTDM (like Data Processes, recording decision history in the CI Common Data Model) are supported on these databases.
In theory you can leverage the capabilities of SAS BI Web Services (and then all of the data access methods underpinning that), but depending on your use case and complexity that is typically not recommended for high volume, low latency environments.
In addition to that, you can connect to other external database platforms (like HBASE, Cassandra, MongoDB etc) by using custom processes written in Groovy or Jython. These methods provide flexibility on what you connect to, and how you access the data, but have a draw back in that they need to be hand coded and are not covered by SAS Technical Support.
Regards
James

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation