BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DarrylLawrence
Obsidian | Level 7

We use Stored Procedures and Stored Proc nodes in campaigns in SAS CI studio. When a Stored proc node fails, SAS CI Studio puts a general error message in a pop up window.

We currently open the Stored Proc node and copy the log to a WORD document and then search for the errors - search the document from the bottom up to find the last error in the log. 

Can we post specific error messages (or the last error)  in a pop up window in SAS CI Studio?

1 REPLY 1
JamesAnderson
SAS Employee

Hi Darryl,

Yes there is! and in fact it seems to be in your code but commented out:

/*%let mamsg=ERROR: Known Voucher File selected for APPL or PROSP Customers"

Whatever you set MAMsg to be will be displayed to the user in CI Studio instead of the generic message. For example:

%if %nrquote(&SQLRC) ne %nrquote(0) %then %do;
       /*abort processing if last proc sql failed failed*/
       /* set a customer error message for my system */
               %let MAError = 913;
       /* optionally I can set SAS sysmsg */
               %let sysmsg="Something didnt work. My explanation is here";
       /* set the message that will displayed to the user. I can tell them which macro failed if that is useful, plus show my custom error message, as well as verbose text with a plain english explanation of what went wrong */
                %let MAMsg = Macro[&sysmacroname.]. MAError=&MAError / Error in Rename macro. Export file does not exist. Check the log for details.;

%return;
%end;

Regards

James

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation