BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Hithyshi
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I am new to this space and wanting to understand SAS customer Intelligence 360 better before using it. 

Does anyone know how SAS CI 360 perform user conversion tracking(multi-step)?

Is it easy to drill down the analytics data by time?

is the data collected is aggregated or user level data?

Does the tool provide ability to search specific data using regular expression or NLP? What are the limitations?

Can we create visualisations? What are the different type of visualisations does the tool offer? Can we export these reports in a CSV format?

Can we collect data around UI elements? For example, time spent on a widget such as buttons/navigation panel etc.,

Can we create visualisations using data collected around UI elements?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
t_charlesworth
SAS Employee

Hi Hithyshi,

Thanks for the question(s) .. I see you've also shared some additional ones through the support channels. I'll make sure we get back to you on those too, but for the brief answers here:

Q.Does anyone know how SAS CI 360 perform user conversion tracking(multi-step)?

A.You can use any Event that 360 is aware of as the conversion metric, this can be things observed directly (like click throughs or submits) or any other event sent to the system (through REST API or file upload).

Q.Is it easy to drill down the analytics data by time?

A. Yes, every Event is timestamped and can be viewed through a time dimension.

Q.is the data collected is aggregated or user level data?

A. User level, detailed data is provided, with additional aggregations (eg. Session Duration etc..)

Q.Does the tool provide ability to search specific data using regular expression or NLP? What are the limitations?

A. CI 360 itself doesn't provide regex/nlp searching - but the data is available to be searched by your tool of choice. 

Q. Can we create visualisations? What are the different type of visualisations does the tool offer? Can we export these reports in a CSV format?

A. This is a longer answer than I can type here, but the detailed data is available to you in a set of CSV files in a data model designed to support visualisations. Subscribers to Customer Intelligence 360 currently get license to use SAS Visual Analytics for that purpose.

Q. Can we collect data around UI elements? For example, time spent on a widget such as buttons/navigation panel etc.,

A. As default behaviour CI 360 captures Clicks, but out of the box doesn't capture 'time spent' on widgets, however, this is pretty easy to configure in most cases.

Q. an we create visualisations using data collected around UI elements?

A. Absolutely. Anything that's captured can be visualised.

Hope this helps for the initial points, more detail to follow..

Hithyshi
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, Tim!

Q. Can we create visualisations? What are the different type of visualisations does the tool offer? Can we export these reports in a CSV format?

A. This is a longer answer than I can type here, but the detailed data is available to you in a set of CSV files in a data model designed to support visualisations. Subscribers to Customer Intelligence 360 currently get license to use SAS Visual Analytics for that purpose

Could you please clarify a bit more to your above answer? 

Does it mean that the SAS Discover (part of CI 360) is not a workspace where we can create visualisations?

is it only the SAS Visual Analytics that has the capability?

t_charlesworth
SAS Employee

CI 360 Discover does come with a set of standard, parameterised reports .. but more advanced needs are typically addressed via the VA interface - either installed somewhere by you or hosted by us. I'll connect with the folks in Melbourne who deal with these day to day and get them to arrange a follow up and/or demo. 

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation