BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jcawesome
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Experts,

I'm trying to see if the Default 'Creative' will show in the webpage when I load the page. I noticed that when I do it in Mozilla Firefox, the asset appears. But in Google Chrome, it doesn't appear. I investigated by Inspecting the 'Network'. Here are my findings:

• Both Firefox and Chrome shows that the tag is working as seen below with the files (ot-all.min.js and ot-min.js)
  • Firefox shows the GET method for delivery-ci360.thakralonedemo.com. This contains the creative details (i.e. image source)

jcawesome_0-1677139320474.png

• Chrome doesn't contain the GET method for delivery-ci360.thakralonedemo.com. It does contain the GET method for the request URL to: https://execution-ci360.thakralonedemo.com. However, the asset is not getting delivered. Not sure if google is blocking it some way.

jcawesome_1-1677139530867.png

How do I ensure the same behavior for both browsers?

For your reference, I'm using the following browser versions:

Firefox (v106.0.5)

Google Chrome (Version 110.0.5481.178 (Official Build - latest version as of writing)

Hoping you can give me an idea on one config to do. Thank you!

Regards,
JC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jcawesome
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Olaf,

I found something that might interest you (which you most probably know already) and the community.

In Chrome, there's a setting under 'Privacy and Security' > 'Cookies and other site data' > 'Send a "Do Not Track" request with your browsing traffic'

jcawesome_0-1677165631292.png

Originally this was turned ON in my Google Chrome browser. I think Google sets this as default (not sure). When this was turned ON, then I couldn't see the creative in the website. After turning it OFF as seen in the screenshot above, then the creative is appearing now in the browser.

jcawesome_1-1677165794110.png

Note that in our CI360 Setting that "Honor the Do Not Track (DNT) setting if it is enabled" is selected. Maybe this is causing the non-delivery of the content. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

jcawesome_2-1677165918985.png

To test my theory:

I changed the setting in CI 360 to ignore the DNT

jcawesome_4-1677166111542.png

I turned ON the DNT in Google Chrome setting:

jcawesome_5-1677166147178.png

I'm now able to see the content/creative in the Chrome browser even if DNT is ON.

jcawesome_6-1677166191105.png

More details about DNT:

jcawesome_3-1677166034883.png

Regards,

JC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
OlafKratzsch
SAS Employee

Hi JC,

If you don't see the request to delivery-ci360.thakralonedemo.com it means the tag thinks that your defined spot is not on the page. Is it possible that due to screensize or something the page renders differently and the selector for your spot doesn't find the spot on Chrome?

When the browser or your ad blocker interfers you shoudl still see the request in the network tab, but it would show as red and blocked by client. That's why I think the tag isn't finding the spot and hence doesn't see the need to call for any creatives.

GREETINGS OLAF

jcawesome
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Olaf,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried checking using inspector on what div class is showing up in both browsers.

Screenshot below shows the div class for Firefox (note that it shows different content since CI 360 already replaced the content):

jcawesome_1-1677162344963.png

Screenshot below shows the div class for Chrome:

jcawesome_2-1677162463317.png

Another thing to take note: If I used Mozilla Firefox in 'Private Window' (similar to incognito in Chrome). It's showing the same behavior in Chrome (no creative is showing) which is strange.

jcawesome_4-1677162778420.png

Here is how I defined the spot in CI360: div[id='comp-lef8bjmd'] > div.xPEAfP

jcawesome_3-1677162486115.png

Note: I added the sas-ci360-hidden class as specified by another post here in SAS CI360 communities to take care of the 'flickering' issue in CI360.

I'm going to try out a different spot if it makes any difference. Maybe use an 'image' object instead of a box container to see if it makes any difference. I'll share any new findings here if ever.

Regards,

JC

jcawesome
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Olaf,

I found something that might interest you (which you most probably know already) and the community.

In Chrome, there's a setting under 'Privacy and Security' > 'Cookies and other site data' > 'Send a "Do Not Track" request with your browsing traffic'

jcawesome_0-1677165631292.png

Originally this was turned ON in my Google Chrome browser. I think Google sets this as default (not sure). When this was turned ON, then I couldn't see the creative in the website. After turning it OFF as seen in the screenshot above, then the creative is appearing now in the browser.

jcawesome_1-1677165794110.png

Note that in our CI360 Setting that "Honor the Do Not Track (DNT) setting if it is enabled" is selected. Maybe this is causing the non-delivery of the content. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

jcawesome_2-1677165918985.png

To test my theory:

I changed the setting in CI 360 to ignore the DNT

jcawesome_4-1677166111542.png

I turned ON the DNT in Google Chrome setting:

jcawesome_5-1677166147178.png

I'm now able to see the content/creative in the Chrome browser even if DNT is ON.

jcawesome_6-1677166191105.png

More details about DNT:

jcawesome_3-1677166034883.png

Regards,

JC

OlafKratzsch
SAS Employee

Wow, great detective work.  Wasn't aware that browsers are still sending that header. Thought it was deprecated and no longer being used.

With that header being sent and your settings saying to honor it the tag won't do anything. It will not even collect events or looking for spots and requesting creatives as you noticed.

Glad to hear you figured it out.

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation