BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sbonisoma
Calcite | Level 5

Good day,

Please assist with the following, I have created a segment with rules that pulls target customers from a SQL database, so I wish to clear the following Questions.

1. From the segment with customers, I want to send the list to an API that will check if any of the target customers have opted out form receiving direct marketing content. is it possible to configure the API call direct from the segment and inject the filtered customers to ensure that we advertise to customers who are willing to receive direct marketing content. Attached is my design architecture.

Your assistance is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesAnderson
SAS Employee

HI @sbonisoma , this can be achieved using a Custom Process Node in the Segment map. The custom process needs to be coded appropriately (prepare the data for the API call, make the API call and process the results), so its more than just configuration. However its a one time activity, and the custom process is then a reusable asset for any number of segment maps.

Regards

James

sbonisoma
Calcite | Level 5

Hi @JamesAnderson , Thank you for your timeous response, do you have a documentation or tutorial I can follow to archieve the solution. "The custom process needs to be coded appropriately" is this done within the SAS CI360 App or is it a separate tool.

JamesAnderson
SAS Employee

Hi @sbonisoma, the stored process runs in the on-premise server component of the architecture with Engage Direct. The creation of the stored process is a developer/administrative task that is done in SAS Management Console.  The documentation for Custom Process Nodes can be found here: https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/cintcdc/production.a/cintug/seg-process-stp.htm.

Regards

James

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation