BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
marcreych
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there.

We are about to advertise a service that is called "Pick@Home". Given our bulk email task, we would like to show the product name as the sender name in the email header.

What we did: In the "Header"-tab we tried two things:

• Inserting a merge tag in the "Display as" field, where we use the product name depending on the language. This makes sense only, if we add some other words that are indeed language specific. (See screenshot)
    marcreych_0-1713529948278.png

• Inserting the string "Pick@home" plainly in the "Display as" field.

When testing (Tab "Review" and sending a test email with "Responsive previews"), SAS CI360 shows an error message:

marcreych_2-1713530205955.png

When we change the "Display as" to only "PickHome", then the testing works flawlessly.

This raises the questions:

• Which special characters are allowed in the "Display as" field?
  • Which special characters are allowed in merge tags in general?
  • Is there any way to escape special characters in order to be able to use them?

So far I have found nothing in the official SAS CI360 user documentation.

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PeterAns
SAS Employee

yes, right now we can not get the @ symbol to work in the From name, that is what is causing the error.   I can speak to our team about it, but for now, while not ideal, I'd recommend using "at".  

Peter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PeterAns
SAS Employee

Thank you for your question.   If you were to use "Pick at home" instead of "pick@home" do you get the error message?

That error usually means their is somethign with your from address or send agent, where this issue is your from name.  

marcreych
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Peter. Thanks for your suggestion. Indeed, the error occurs only, when "@" or some other special characters are used. Could this be due to some standards that prohibit those characters from being used as "from"-data in e-mails? This would mean, SAS CI360 behaves according to those standards. Otherwise it would be nice, if those restrictions are either lifted or documented in the user documentation.

PeterAns
SAS Employee

yes, right now we can not get the @ symbol to work in the From name, that is what is causing the error.   I can speak to our team about it, but for now, while not ideal, I'd recommend using "at".  

Peter

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation