BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DSCaliwagan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi SAS Experts,

Good Day! I would like to ask if anyone from this communities have tried integrating SAS CI360 on Facebook/Meta?

I have been trying to explore this use case, but things are not working as expected. Below are the things I have done so far.

1. Generated a Facebook/Meta Pixel Code to add it to my website.

2. Added below SAS code right after the meta pixel code in my website for mapping of FB activities and SAS Events.

DSCaliwagan_0-1649212305164.png

3. Added below facebook custom event code right after the SAS support code in my website for mapping of FB activities and SAS Events.

DSCaliwagan_1-1649212643505.png

4. Deployed SAS CI360 Tag in my website.

5. Created a javascript spot type for CI360 to inject a tag in order to send data my website to the Facebook servers.

6. Created a plain text creative as shown below.

DSCaliwagan_1-1649212643505.png

7. Created a Custom event in CI360 as a requirement for the code used in my creative. This will trigger the pixel created above and will use merge tags in order to replace information to be sent in Facebook.

8. Defined a Web Task type, this connects the Spot and the Creative with Segmentation in order to conditionally fire the Facebook pixel on the website. 

Expected output:

I was able to connect/integrate my website and sas ci360 domains to facebook.

DSCaliwagan_2-1649228399288.png

The problem is I was not able to connect/track the custom event I did in SAS CI360 in Facebook. 

Hoping you can help me on this one..

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JeffPS
SAS Employee

Hi @DSCaliwagan !

Taking a look it seems as if you've done the majority of the steps correct.

Though I think there might have been a bit of change to the conversion tracking for custom events.

An example is here:

fbq('trackCustom', 'ShareDiscount', {promotion: 'share_discount_10%'});

From Facebook's documentation. This is in comparison with the one you've used which has the quotes on the key and not the value in the secondary parameters of the code. This may or may not be an issue but could cause issues as it doesn't adhere to their standards currently. (you can view those standards here if you'd like)

fbq('trackCustom', 'ci360', {{{eventCategory}}: '{{eventAction}}'});

The other things to do to troubleshoot would be to:

1. Use the code in an example with the actual values you expect in the console window within the developer tools and see if they respond. First load the page with the dev console open and then confirm the facebook pixel has loaded. Then clear the network tab to more easily see new network calls. Then use the following code in the console:
    fbq('trackCustom', 'ci360', {testCategory: 'eventValue'});
    You can replace the testCategory and eventValue with the values you would want to use for testing (these would be the event group and name within your event settings in CI360 tenant). You should then see a new call in the network tab to facebook confirming that it is correctly loading and sending events.
  2. Confirm that you're triggering the event required for the task correctly. The event is as mentioned tied to the task and it must fire in order for the task to fire.
  3. You can add a logging command to the end of the plain text creative in order to make it easier to tell if it's firing correctly.
    1. fbq('trackCustom', 'ci360', {{{eventCategory}}: '{{eventAction}}'});
      console.log("Testing, eventCategory is {{eventCategory}} and eventAction is {{eventCategory}}");
      This will print a message in the developer console when you've properly fired the facebook tracking so you can test if everything is correct.

Hopefully this helped! But if not please let me know and we can see what other things to we can try to get it working!

Best,

Jeffrey Stroud

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JeffPS
SAS Employee

Hi @DSCaliwagan !

Taking a look it seems as if you've done the majority of the steps correct.

Though I think there might have been a bit of change to the conversion tracking for custom events.

An example is here:

fbq('trackCustom', 'ShareDiscount', {promotion: 'share_discount_10%'});

From Facebook's documentation. This is in comparison with the one you've used which has the quotes on the key and not the value in the secondary parameters of the code. This may or may not be an issue but could cause issues as it doesn't adhere to their standards currently. (you can view those standards here if you'd like)

fbq('trackCustom', 'ci360', {{{eventCategory}}: '{{eventAction}}'});

The other things to do to troubleshoot would be to:

1. Use the code in an example with the actual values you expect in the console window within the developer tools and see if they respond. First load the page with the dev console open and then confirm the facebook pixel has loaded. Then clear the network tab to more easily see new network calls. Then use the following code in the console:
    fbq('trackCustom', 'ci360', {testCategory: 'eventValue'});
    You can replace the testCategory and eventValue with the values you would want to use for testing (these would be the event group and name within your event settings in CI360 tenant). You should then see a new call in the network tab to facebook confirming that it is correctly loading and sending events.
  2. Confirm that you're triggering the event required for the task correctly. The event is as mentioned tied to the task and it must fire in order for the task to fire.
  3. You can add a logging command to the end of the plain text creative in order to make it easier to tell if it's firing correctly.
    1. fbq('trackCustom', 'ci360', {{{eventCategory}}: '{{eventAction}}'});
      console.log("Testing, eventCategory is {{eventCategory}} and eventAction is {{eventCategory}}");
      This will print a message in the developer console when you've properly fired the facebook tracking so you can test if everything is correct.

Hopefully this helped! But if not please let me know and we can see what other things to we can try to get it working!

Best,

Jeffrey Stroud

JeffPS
SAS Employee
Also forgot about this since I'm so used to using the developer console instead.
If you're more comfortable you can use this https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/facebook-pixel-helper/fdgfkebogiimcoedlicjlajpkdmockpc?hl=... which is a facebook pixel addon for tracking events.
suneelgrover
SAS Employee

You might consider reviewing this new feature in SAS CI360: https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/cintcdc/production.a/cintug/p1uy1z0yf5ohf5n19op0ejik1k0u.htm

Also, here is a self-driven interactive demo to see how it works: https://sas.navattic.com/facebook-audience-task

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation