BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mjuell
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, for CI 6.4  in Selection Campaigns:

When connecting new selection nodes to a prioritize node and pressing OK the output nodes changes position.

Its very annoying when having a large campaign. Is there a Fix for this ?.

4 REPLIES 4
Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I don't think you can change the way Prioritize node behaves.

What we suggest to our customers, however, is to change the way they connect other nodes to the Prioritize.

Essentially,  you create a Prioritize and note where it creates the output cell nodes.  Then you manually create a matching Cell node for each of the Prioritize's output cell nodes, one-by-one with a very short connection.  And then you only use "your" cells to connect with the rest of the diagram.

Untitled.png

This makes it very easy to restore the connections after you changed the prioritization, you just go through and connect matching cells within each pair. And from what I remember (can't test now), the Prioritize's output cells position is not changing by itself, unless you were moving them in the first place.

-------
Dmitriy Alergant, Tier One Analytics
mjuell
Calcite | Level 5

I tested your solution, and it did not work.

I added a new input node to the prioritize node and changed the priority inside the priortize node..

When pressing OK. everyhing is messed up..

I added example 

before and after.

after adding select 5.PNGbefore adding select 5.PNG
Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

You original node placement was done manually.

If you take the "after" picture, don't move the output cells around (leave them where they are currently), and only add another input to the prioritization, the resulting output cells should remain where they are.  And in real life, it's not that often for one to change the prioritization order after it is already set up.

That's the point. 

-------
Dmitriy Alergant, Tier One Analytics
mjuell
Calcite | Level 5

Its common to add new items to the prioritize node in our world..

And i like to structure the diagram as i want..and not let the system do it.

But i understand that its not possible.

thank u for your time.

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation