BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lukasfucela
Calcite | Level 5

Dear community,

I am a new user of SAS 360 CI and we want to migrate our old ESP (Adobe Campaign) completely to SAS 360 CI. Besides existing customers whose data is stored in our Datawarehose we have a special newsletter for a niche segment of subscribers, who are not our customers (yet). Subscription form and database and whole process of double-opt-in, preference center etc. is built in Adobe Campaign. I cannot find any solution or documentation on how to replicate built it within SAS 360 CI. I am sure some of you had similiar issue when implementing Newsletter Subscription Form & Process before.

Can you share your experiences and thoughts how you've solved it with SAS 360 CI or with and external tools or plug-ins for SAS 360 CI?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Best regards,

Lukas

1 REPLY 1
ThomasPalm
Obsidian | Level 7
I would love to give you a fully qualified answer, but I don't have one.
We are also looking into newsletters, and we have thoughts on how to do it, but it is still in process. So this is just a couple of thoughts of our initial investigation on this matter. Maybe more is to come when we start implementing this solution the next couple of weeks.

One thing I think you need to be aware of, is that you need a subject-id for your customers. That will work fine for those of your customers that are already in your business, but those that are not, still needs a subject-id.
One way could be to actually create these customers in your system and another could be to give them a fake subject-id (like an encrypted e-mail-address as subject-id). These subject-id's will show up in your hub/customer-data, so you need a way to make them distinct from your real customers.
Also, you need a way to trigger the send-of-newsletter-process. You would probably need an event, and this event could be triggered somehow, maybe by a DMtask, which does require some un-logical setup.

Regards, Thomas
How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation