BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MishalNasser
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All, 

I'm trying to insert an emoji to my Oracle SMS table through SAS CI (Custom StoredProcess ) , I think the emoji Unicode isn't supported in CI ( or Flash player ? ).

I tried to insert the emoji Unicode manually to my SMS table and I received the correct emoji successfully on my iPhone. I am looking for your support to advise me how to solve this issue. 

emoji example : https://emojipedia.org/flag-for-saudi-arabia/

Copy and paste the emoji )

BR, 

Mishal Nasser

1 REPLY 1
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I wouldn't expect many software implementations to implement emojis outside of social media.  Personally, I don't see them as having any place in a professional environment at all.  That being said, I assume they are just a series of special characters that the end user program knows how to interpret, son this forum for instance  colon and the text smileyhappy and another colon is interpreted as a smiley face.  So oracle would not store a smiley face, it would store the code needed by the end user to interpret that code as smiley face.  Does that make sense, you are providing something which the end product knows how to render, not the render itself.

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation