BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tfabri
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear SAS experts!

I have a doubt:  I'm implementing a SAS CI and need to integrate the "communication node" with third parties to send email and sms. What is the best way to do this, considering that I do not have the SAS Digital Marketing / SAS CI360? Is it possible?

Any help will be welcome.

Regards,

Tfabri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesAnderson
SAS Employee

Hi,

The communication node allows you to configure the marketing cells and offers being made, as well as the output data required by the channel to deliver the message/content to your customers. The communication node itself doesn't manage the delivery of the SMS or Email (your 3rd party providers will do that for you with the data you send them), it finishes by producing the data in the format you specify. From there post-processing is required to transmit the data to the channel partner  - typically this is done by uploading a file either via a portal or gateway or via an API.

Regards
James

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesAnderson
SAS Employee

Hi,

The communication node allows you to configure the marketing cells and offers being made, as well as the output data required by the channel to deliver the message/content to your customers. The communication node itself doesn't manage the delivery of the SMS or Email (your 3rd party providers will do that for you with the data you send them), it finishes by producing the data in the format you specify. From there post-processing is required to transmit the data to the channel partner  - typically this is done by uploading a file either via a portal or gateway or via an API.

Regards
James

tfabri
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi James, thank you very much for your explanation. It's more clear now. I'll do a deep diving to learn about the process node calling APIs. Thanks again!

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation