BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
infomevijay
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello

I am looking for information where I can find the usage of a data item in various campaigns. My case is that if there is change in a data item then I should have the list of the campaigns where the given data item is used so that I can make corresponding changes to the campaigns. I believe this data is buried in the metdata of the campaigns. Can you help me how I can get this data?

Many Thanks

VJ

2 REPLIES 2
Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

This information is quite hard to obtain from the system. You will need to use SAS MA Integration Utilities to export campaign objects into XML and obtain that information from there.  Note that extracting not just one, but all campaigns may not be an easy task and will require fair degree of automation efforts.

Most often, you can substitute the original question "which campaign diagrams still exist in the repository are using the data item" with a very close, but a bit different question "which campaigns that were actually executed (or counts updated) in last XX days were using the column during that execution".     

This information can be obtained from the Customer Intelligence Core log, searching by the physical column name in SQL queries. 

Hope this helps.

-------
Dmitriy Alergant, Tier One Analytics
infomevijay
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you Dmitry for your response.

The column names are repeated in multiple data sources and it is very difficult/impossible to identify the campaign from which the query had been triggered. I don't think this solution is feasible. I would prefer to go for extraction of metadata which will be helpful for not just to answer data item usage and can be used for multiple other questions that will arise as part of Analysis.

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation