BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ednei
SAS Employee
Banner.png

Dear reader,

In this short article, I present you one of the greatest features from SAS® Customer Intelligence 360 which is the A/B Web Test and the Discovered Segment.

0.png

Digital marketeers are usually familiarized with the concept of A/B test, when two or more communication pieces (a.k.a. offers) are presented to a certain number of unique users and the one that generates the greater number of conversions (e.g. Clicks, Form Fill, Leads, Transactions) is considered the winner.

For this test to be statistically significant, the solution estimates the required sample size in accordance to the distribution percentage of the offers. In the following example, we have three offers distributed almost equally (34%, 33% and 33% respectively), generating the need of 24,721 unique users to view these offers as a requirement to complete the test.

1.png

When the test is over, it is possible to access the Insights tab and see the following views in the Summary session:

2.png

In this test, the $50 cashback offer is the winner, providing a Conversion Rate of 7.1%.

As conversion rate, please, consider the percentage of unique users that clicked in this offer.

3.png

In the same test, the solution also discovered a new segment of users below 44.46 years-old and Revenue in the last 12 months higher and equal to $ 5618.69.

Curiously the winning offer for this relevant niche segment (12,636 people) is the 25% Off 1st Year, providing a Conversion Rate of 16.19%, 128% higher than the first result.

Customers usually love to see this feature in action during demo sessions and I believe the reason of that is because this is an evidence of applied Artificial Intelligence bringing business innovation thought knowledge and additional performance opportunities.

I hope this article has instigated your curiosity or maybe inspired you to innovate your business processes with the power of Analytics and Artificial Intelligence.

Ednei Gomes

Global Customer Success Team

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User
Numbers don't seem to match images?
we have three offers distributed almost equally (34%, 33% and 34% respectively), generating the need of 24.721 unique users to view these offers as a requirement to complete the test.

34%, 33% and 33% and . in 24.721 should be a comma perhaps?
Ednei
SAS Employee
Thanks for letting me know, Reeza. It's all right now.
How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 in conversation