BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DanBondarneko
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am having a problem wit hdisplaying dates in SAS CI Studio. When I do preview export in the communication node my date field of type date with the format date9. is displayed as 01JAN1960. However, if I set the format to 8. (numeric) my field is displayed as 22538 which is the correct SAS date value (15th of september, 2021). I tried using various date and datetime formats but to no avail. This seems to be a problem with the display of formatted dates by MA. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You don't say what format you are using, but when you get 01JAN1960, you are using a date/time format and not a date format.

--
Paige Miller
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Sounds like MA (whatever that is) wants DATETIME values (number of seconds) and not DATE values (number of days).

datetime_var = dhms(date_var,0,0,0);
format datetime_var datetime20. ;
DanBondarneko
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

By MA I mean SAS Marketing Automation of SAS Customer Intelligence Studio. It works if I convert it to datetime however I have tried other date formats like ddmmyy10. and yymmdd10. and they display correctly using preveiw export in the communication node. There only seems to be a problem with displaying DATEw. formats. 

Thank you

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Can you show us a PROC CONTENTS of this data set, and PROC PRINT (just a few records) of this variable unformatted; and another PROC PRINT (just the same few records) of this variable formatted?

--
Paige Miller
Sunshine_sas
SAS Employee

Hi,

I see that you are having a problem with SAS Customer Intelligence Studio displaying DATEw. formats.

I found an old defect regarding this and was wondering what is your business reason for using this format? Or is using the other formats a viable work around for you?

What is the version of Customer Intelligence Studio you are using?

Thank you,
Sunshine_sas

DanBondarneko
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I found what was the problem. In the information map for the business context, the field in question was formatted as  DATETIME22.3 when it was a SAS date value. When I changed the format in the information map to DATE9. it displayed correctly inside SAS Customer Studio. But it is still unusual that DATEw. formats didn't display correctly in SAS Customer Intelligence Studio even though it was formatted as DATETIME22.3 in the information map, since other formats such as ddmmyy9. displayed correctly.

The version I am using is 6.5 Hotfix 1.

Thank you

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@DanBondarneko wrote:

Hi,

I found what was the problem. In the information map for the business context, the field in question was formatted as  DATETIME22.3 when it was a SAS date value. When I changed the format in the information map to DATE9. it displayed correctly inside SAS Customer Studio. But it is still unusual that DATEw. formats didn't display correctly in SAS Customer Intelligence Studio even though it was formatted as DATETIME22.3 in the information map, since other formats such as ddmmyy9. displayed correctly.

A value that displays properly when DATEw. is used should indeed display as 01JAN1960 when DATETIME22.3 is used. You can't display a date value using a DATETIME format and expect to get the right answer. So, nothing unusual about it. This is expected.

--
Paige Miller
How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation