BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Prashant_82
Fluorite | Level 6

I was trying the create the export definition. In this export definition am trying to use the "output type : table" option and at the same time am using the oracle library which is already created i.e, "ORA_CMDM", but when am trying to save the export definition am getting the error "lib name does not exits. You must enter a Libname that exists" . Kindly help me on this.

2 REPLIES 2
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @Prashant_82

Not sure which version you are using but a possible workaround could be to define the library (libname statement) inside your appserver_autoexec.

Can you try that?

Cheers,
Damo

Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

Sorry, that's not the best possible advice. appserver_autoexec gets called way too often in many other situations and you may not want the library to be assigned every time.

The intended solution is to add this library definition into sashome/9.4/SASFoundation/sasautos/mausrexp.sas script. Read the comments there carefully and follow the example provided. It needs to be some macro variable definition, not just a plain libname statement. 

P.S> It's definitely a disappointing gap in the product that it requires you to go this far around, rather than automatically and cohesively assigning the library from the metadata definition. 

-------
Dmitriy Alergant, Tier One Analytics
How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation