BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AVAZQUEZF
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, I need to change the format in an Export Definition file without delete and add a new communication node.

I have around 500 active campaigns with this export template associated.

Anyone know how to do this?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pcapazzi
Pyrite | Level 9
There is no need to drop and recreate a Communication Node to change an Export Definition. You would need to drop and (re)add the Export Definition within the existing Communication Node.
I think your point is that you do not want to update the Communication Node in all 500+/- campaign diagrams you have which is understandable. I am not aware of a way to automatically update the Export Definition in a given list of diagrams.
I think the closest you can come to managing the Export Def for several campaigns would be to have one diagram that simply exports the data using an Export node instead of the campaign diagram. This would be a complicated set up though as you would have to make the export diagram smart enough to export a given campaign diagrams data. Or perhaps you could have this one diagram export the results of all campaigns run during the previous day (all subjects with contact_dt of yesterday in contact history and perhaps a list of campaigns in a given folder name or specified list of campaign codes).
That's the best I could come up with. Good luck.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
pcapazzi
Pyrite | Level 9
There is no need to drop and recreate a Communication Node to change an Export Definition. You would need to drop and (re)add the Export Definition within the existing Communication Node.
I think your point is that you do not want to update the Communication Node in all 500+/- campaign diagrams you have which is understandable. I am not aware of a way to automatically update the Export Definition in a given list of diagrams.
I think the closest you can come to managing the Export Def for several campaigns would be to have one diagram that simply exports the data using an Export node instead of the campaign diagram. This would be a complicated set up though as you would have to make the export diagram smart enough to export a given campaign diagrams data. Or perhaps you could have this one diagram export the results of all campaigns run during the previous day (all subjects with contact_dt of yesterday in contact history and perhaps a list of campaigns in a given folder name or specified list of campaign codes).
That's the best I could come up with. Good luck.
How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation